HEATED DRINKING TROUGHS
Our troughs don’t freeze in winter
- The heated self-regulating cable is located in the double bottom of the trough, then in the leg of the trough on the water inlet.
- The intake valve can’t freeze because it’s located under the water surface, which is heated.
- The trough’s leg and body are insulated with polystyrene and mineral wool insulation.
- While the electricity works, the trough doesn’t freeze - in operating tests up to - 20 °C.
- Supply voltage 230 V / 50 Hz.
You don’t lose hectolitres with our troughs when cleaning
- Water savings - the troughs have a volume corresponding to the need for animals (drinking from the loose surface level) in relation to the feeding speed.
- The inlet valve flow rate is about 0.3 MPa (3 atm) to 50 l/min on a water line pressure.
Quick and easy cleaning of our troughs
- The entire inner surfaces of the trough under water (walls and bottom) are accessible, smooth and unobstructed.
- It’s also easy to clean the float chambers - the stainless steel enclosure prevents animals from accessing the float, but the operator is able to open the cover quickly and easily without tools.
- A large drain plug - coarse dirt is slightly rinsed after draining and water drains rapidly.
- It’s possible to select a left or right location for the drainage spout, when cleaning the trough the drainage water can also be connected directly to the sewer.
Robust construction of our troughs and long service life
- The trough’s outer structure is hot dip galvanised, the inner part (where the water is), is made from stainless steel.
- Troughs can be made in a stainless steel version, especially suitable for deep beds and for places where the trough's leg is permanently in contact with slurry.
- The troughs are directly anchored to the concrete, it’s important that the height corresponds with the height for the given category of animals (recommended feed levels are given in the instruction manual).
- The alternative is the trough’s location on ready-made concrete, there is a need for height adjustment of the trough leg – it’s adjusted to height according to the category of animals and an anchor part is needed - a collar for the leg, is firmly connected to the concrete with chemical anchors and screwed to the trough . It’s always necessary to seal the water and electricity supply properly and prevent access to animals and rodents.
- Opposed to tilting troughs, FARMTEC troughs aren’t burdened by constant tilt movement, there is no open space anywhere. If the quality of the concrete is maintained, there is no risk of rodents getting into the trough, which, together with the tilting trough’s poor closure, is the most frequent problem with tilting troughs.